Why The Vegan Hog Blog? To answer the question I'm most asked.. " Your Vegan?? What the hell do you Eat anyway"
I'm no photographer and there's very little commentary. Just sharing the Plant Based recipes, I've made and tested in my Kitchen...Some original, others not... Enjoy!
Monday, July 6, 2015
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Ingredients for Filling
- 1 piece of daikon about 2-inches wide, and 6 inches long, peeled
- 1/2 cup white wine or sake
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/2 cup water,
- 1 small piece kombu
- 12 fresh shiitake mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Cut daikon into twelve 1/2-inch slices. Combine wine, mirin, soy, agave,water, and kombu in a medium saucepan. Add daikon slices and shiitake. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a bare simmer. Cover and cook, turning and rotating daikon occasionally until daikon is completely tender and colored all the way through, about 30 minutes. Transfer daikon and mushrooms to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Return remaining liquid to a gently boil over medium heat and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes. .
- Fill the buns with filling and any other condiments you may enjoy. I used pickled daikon & cucumbers, scallions, cilantro and a vegan sriracha aoli.