Why The Vegan Hog Blog? To answer the question I'm most asked.. " Your Vegan?? What the heck do you Eat anyway"

I'm no photographer and there's very little commentary. Just sharing the Plant Based recipes, I've made and tested in my Kitchen...Some original, others not... Enjoy!


Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Amazing Condiments

Hot Pickled Red Onions

I came across this little recipe, and being the lover of condiments, that I am,  I figured I'd give it a try, with a few twists of my own...and It's delicious!




2 cups Diced red onions
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 Tbsp agave
1 small habanero, diced fine
pinch of sea salt
1-2  tsp or coarse ground pepper

In a medium sized pan, over low heat, combine the vinegars, agave, salt and pepper, and hot pepper.
Stir well and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Add the onions and raise the heat, bringing to a boil. Once you reach the boil, remove it from the heat and cool  before transferring the contents to a pint sized jar. Store in the fridge until ready to use.




Adapted from The Inspired Vegan






No comments:

Post a Comment