Why The Vegan Hog Blog? To answer the question I'm most asked.. " Your Vegan?? What the heck do you Eat anyway"

I'm no photographer and there's very little commentary. Just sharing the Plant Based recipes, I've made and tested in my Kitchen...Some original, others not... Enjoy!


Saturday, April 4, 2015

Sate Sauce

Spicy Lime & Chili Peanut Sauce ( a.k.a Sate Sauce)
My vegan friendly version of my favorite snack.. Sate potato


Ingredients
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup agave
1/4 soy sauce
1/2 cup peanut butter (4.3 oz)
1 Tbsp. freshly minced ginger
3 cloves garlice, minced
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil

Place first 6 ingredients in a small blender and blend til smooth, place in a small pot and cook on medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture thickens and become smooth and creamy. Remove from heat, add the last two ingredients, stir well.

Serve over roasted potatoes, topped with chives, or over
Asian rice noodles . Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment