Why The Vegan Hog Blog? To answer the question I'm most asked.. " Your Vegan?? What the heck do you Eat anyway"

I'm no photographer and there's very little commentary. Just sharing the Plant Based recipes, I've made and tested in my Kitchen...Some original, others not... Enjoy!


Monday, April 2, 2012

Another attempt with Faux "meat"

Open face Barbequed "Pork" Sandwich with Homemade Coleslaw

As you know, I'm no fan of faux meat and meat substitutes, but I thought I'd give this one a chance..and what a surprise! Gardein's Pulled "pork" was pretty close to the real thing, although a little on the sweet side...   I prefer whole plant foods however, for something completely different, give it a try.
(gardein™ is a wholesome range of tasty plant-based foods with a meaty texture. it’s made from soy, wheat and pea proteins, vegetables and ancient grains (quinoa, amaranth, millet and kamut®).

Quick Coleslaw
1/4 head small cabbage sliced thinly
1/2 large carrot shredded
1 Tbsp. Raw applecide vinegar
1 tsp. Raw agave
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients together.. and enjoy... best if made ahead and flavors have time to meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment