Why The Vegan Hog Blog? To answer the question I'm most asked.. " Your Vegan?? What the heck do you Eat anyway"

I'm no photographer and there's very little commentary. Just sharing the Plant Based recipes, I've made and tested in my Kitchen...Some original, others not... Enjoy!


Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I love Eggplant!

Spicy Vegan Japanese Eggplant
I found this recipe online and had to try it. It might not be the prettiest dish, but it sure it delicious.

INGREDIENTS
2 large Japanese eggplants (or 1 large regular one or equivalent) – cut into 1 inch cubes
1 onion – diced
Thai basil (or red basil or regular basil) – chopped – optional
Sesame oil
6 garlic cloves – chopped
4 TBS minced ginger (I used jarred)
3 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS sriracha
2 TBS sambal oelek (or chili garlic sauce)
2 tsp molasses
3 TBS soy sauce
1/2 cup tomato sauce (I used homemade I had leftover but jarred or canned is fine)
1 TBS rice vinegar
1 TBS vinegar
Crushed red pepper
Salt
Sesame seeds
1/2 cup water
Scallions – green parts sliced – as garnish

No comments:

Post a Comment