Why The Vegan Hog Blog? To answer the question I'm most asked.. " Your Vegan?? What the heck do you Eat anyway"

I'm no photographer and there's very little commentary. Just sharing the Plant Based recipes, I've made and tested in my Kitchen...Some original, others not... Enjoy!


Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Simply Delicious....

Creamy Raw Cashew Butter
Was mighty tired of paying $12 a jar for Cashew butter, so figured I'd make my own...
and what a difference from the store bought stuff... This stuff is smooth, creamy, delicious, and is a  fraction of the cost.. Yum

3 cups raw cashews
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp scraped vanilla bean ( you can sub vanilla extract )
Place in a heavy duty food processor and process on high speed.  Stop and scrape the bowl every few minutes. The mixture will first turn into flour then into a very thick paste. Just keep processing and scraping the bowl. The mixture will eventually turn into a creamy, almost smooth texture. The whole process takes about 25 minutes of processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment