Why The Vegan Hog Blog? To answer the question I'm most asked.. " Your Vegan?? What the heck do you Eat anyway"

I'm no photographer and there's very little commentary. Just sharing the Plant Based recipes, I've made and tested in my Kitchen...Some original, others not... Enjoy!


Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I Love Greens

Unbelievably Easy & Delicious Collard Greens



1 Large bunch Fresh Collard Greens
( Stems removed, cut into bite sized pieces)
3 Garlic cloves, finely diced
1/2 small onion, diced
1/4 jalapeno, minced
1 cup or more vegetable broth
salt & pepper  to taste
Heat a heavy pot on medium heat and add onion and sauté onion until soft ( a couple minutes) add garlic and jalapeno and cook another minute or so. Add  teaspoons of water if they start to stick. Add Collards and broth and cook partially covered until greens are tender. Adjust with broth if necessary, don't let greens dry out.




No comments:

Post a Comment