Why The Vegan Hog Blog? To answer the question I'm most asked.. " Your Vegan?? What the heck do you Eat anyway"

I'm no photographer and there's very little commentary. Just sharing the Plant Based recipes, I've made and tested in my Kitchen...Some original, others not... Enjoy!


Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day Seven

A Day Off in The Kitchen.....

A long week of work, now behind me, I spend the morning of my day off, where I'm most comfortable...behind the stove.....

Today's Menu
Thai-inspired Vegetable Stir fry with rice noodles
Acorn Squash Curry
Sweet & Sour Cabbage with Coconut



Acorn Squash Curry
2 Acorn Squash, peeled and cubed
2 small Sweet potatoes, cubed
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Chili powder
1/4 cup coconut milk

Spice Mixture:
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp black mustar seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek,
1/2 tsp tumeric
2 tsp garam masala
Heat oil from spice mixture and add spices. Add squash and 3/4 cup water, cover and cook till tender.
Add 1/4 cup coconut milk, sugar, chili powder and salt to taste-Stir
Bring to boil and cook 10 minutes, till water is absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment